Monday, September 5, 2016

Starting back up

So it has been something like 3 years since i have made a post. I have since had a baby so i figured life will starting getting very busy and interesting and i wanted to keep documentation of our adventures. Now i am no writer by any means. so my grammar, spelling, punctuation, it probably will be lacking. so just bare with me. Dusty and I had been married just over two years when we decided we wanted to start a family. We are thrilled and excited to start this next step in our marriage. 3 months went by and i still wasn't pregnant. I went to many doctors and finally found out i don't ovulate. So after many medications and two years later, i found out i needed to take injections in order to get pregnant. Very lucky for us, it took on the first try and on November 12th we found out we were PREGNANT!!! we were so thrilled. We had decided to tell our families on thanksgiving which meant we had to wait two whole weeks. For my family we got a little onesie made that said "Guess whose going to be Grandparents" We had my dad open it as a gift and it was a very happy moment for the whole family. First grandchild on my side! Unfortunately this was my first of very very many Sick days. We then went to dusty's family and we wore new shirts. mine saying "this girls going to be a mommy" and Dusty's "this guys going to be a daddy". We walked in and just waited for people to notice. They were busy making thanksgiving lunch and such. so it took about 15 minutes before dusty's mom finally read dusty's shirt. She screamed and jumped for joy and then everyone else joined in the excitement. It was a very memorable thanksgiving. I was sicker than a dog so i wasn't able to eat much, Well morning sickness for me continued every single day, all day long for about 15 weeks. I ended up losing 25 lbs before even gaining anything, that part was kinda nice. I went in for my gender reveal appointment at 22 weeks. We were so excited for find out we were having a boy!! We later had the whole family over to do a little gender reveal. We had blue confetti in a balloon and popped it for everyone to see. Thing we starting to get very excited. i was starting to show and i was feeling lots better. late April 10th, in the middle of the night, i had started feeling weird. my stomach was really hurting. it would come and go so i took some medication and went back to bed, the next day, monday April 11th, i went to lunch with my mom at her work, which i do all the time. My stomach started hurting again. Coming and going. i thought maybe they were just braxton hicks. i was only 26 weeks along. I just sucked it up while we ate our lunch and chatted, but the pain was becoming closer together. i went home after lunch and went to the bathroom. I was bleeding a lot, which made me very nervous. so i called my mom and then my doctor. My mom decided to bring me down to the doctor. we made it there about 2:30. The doctor check the babies heartbeat and it was strong and good. that was very comforter. Then the doctor checked me and he immediately looked nervous. He said i need to head straight over to EIRMC and no where else. Go to labor and delivery. they checked me in and started hooking me up. i was told to wait for the ultrasound people to come and check me out. The pain was getting stronger and way closer together. Like five minute. At this point i realize they are contractions. The doctor comes to check and they found out that my cervix isnt strong and that the baby is falling out, bringing the cord with him. If my water were to break it would be very dangerous for the baby, By this point i am in full on labor. Pain so bad that i cant function or talk to anyone, They decide to tip my bed upside down to try and keep him in. they put me on medication to stop my labor. All of this lasted about 30 minutes before i told the nurse, "i NEED to push". She rushes to get the doctor who was just finishing a c-section. He comes to check me and says. "we need to go NOW" She they prep me and rush me off to an emergency c-section. With the urgency and rush, they put me under a general anesthetic. So i was put completely under. Which causes risk to the baby. So they had to act quick. Oliver Braydon Griggs was born April 11th 2016 at 6:25pm weighing 1lb 15oz and 13 3/4in. He was beyond tiny. He had to be intabated and was hooked up to all sorts of IV's and lights but he was here and alive. We were so grateful. This day begain and long tiring NICU journey.

Such a long and crazy journey just to get little Oliver here. All so very worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment